- Driving home late at night on my motorbike when the roads are empty and the temperature has dropped. Juxtaposed to the busy-ness of the day, it's a thrilling freedom to drive the quiet empty streets.
- Walking into bun cha smelling air-bubbles as it's being cooked before lunchtime.
- Looking up and realizing the streets are lined with ancient trees, peacefully rooted in the chaos.
- Being able to change the iTunes playlist at most of my favorite bars.
- Running into people I know everywhere I go.
- Stretching, bobbing women in aerobics classes en masse in the parks.
- Constant valet parking.
- The fact that none of the clothes fit me, so I never feel the desire to go shopping.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Reasons I Love Hanoi
As I have been driving around the city recently, I've been making a mental checklist of the things that are truly, wonderfully Hanoi: